Stay up-to-date with corporate governance & regulatory compliance.
Ensure compliance with Kenya Company Laws, Regulations & Compliance requirements by appointing us as your Company Secretary.
Company secretarial services in Kenya
Through our associate company we provide company secretarial services. Our main function as Company Secretaries under the Companies Act 2015 is to maintain statutory records such as register of members, directors and secretaries, mortgages and charges, director’s interests, and minutes books of directors’ and shareholders’ meetings, and acting as custodians of the common seal of the company.
As clients Secretaries we carry out the following minimum statutory duties::
- Preparation of minutes of one Board Meeting approving financial statement.
- Preparation of minutes of the Annual General Meeting of the company.
- Completion and submission of the Annual Return to the Registrar of Companies (excluding filing fees and penalties payable).
- The use of our office as the Registered Office of the Company and the place where the statutory books are kept.
We also provide the following services subject to the scope of each service being agreed in writing prior to undertaking the assignment:.
- Attendance at Board and Shareholders meetings, preparation of agenda and minutes.
- Allotment and transfer of shares, stock exchange requirements, issue of share certificates.
- Advise the Board of Directors on matters related to the change of directors, change of registered office, change of company’s name etc..
- Guide the Board of Directors on technical applications as per the Companies Act (Cap 486), and the Memorandum and Articles of Association.
- Carry out company searches for information held by the Registrar of Companies and advice on the company’s records held by him.
- Assist in registration of Business Names and Trade Marks.
- Assist in having the company struck-off from the register held by the Registrar of Companies.
- Other matters pertaining to the corporate governance of Clients Company/organization.
- Obtaining a certified list of director and shareholders form the Registrar of Companies.